At FirstForFilters, we know that your privacy is important to you, it's important to us, too! That's why we want you to know about the personal information we collect, how we use that information and with whom it may be shared.
You're always in control.
The only personal information that we collect is information that you give us when you register and when you purchase. We use that information to service your account and to personalise your experience at FirstForFilters. To see (or change) your information, just visit the account center page at FirstForFilters.co.uk (you will need to do this for each account, if you have more than one account).
Here's the information we gather:
- When you register at the site, we ask for certain basic information to service your account: name and e-mail address. So you can make a purchase, we also ask you for your shipping and billing addresses, phone number and payment information. You can change any of this information at any time by going to your Account page.
- You have the option to use certain services, such as Tell a Friend, which may require you to provide us with transmittal information for your friends or family. We only use this information to provide the requested service.
- We also keep track of customer purchases, traffic patterns and related site usage inside our website to help us shape our recommendations about merchandise in the store, manage promotions and advertising, and improve our web page and site design.
Why your transactions are secure:
- We use state-of-the-art encryption technology to safeguard your transactions. The technology used is SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which is supported by both the Netscape and Internet Explorer web browsers that are version 3.0 or newer. Your information, including your credit card information, is encrypted and cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
- We never display your full credit card information.
- Your account is password-protected. You cannot submit an order or view your personal information without your password.
What you should know about cookies:
- Cookies are small pieces of information that we send through your browser to your hard drive. With "auto sign-in" turned on, a cookie lets us recognise you and provide a more meaningful and personalised shopping experience when you come back to our site.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies automatically, but you can change this setting. See your browser's "help topics" to learn how to change the setting.
- If you decide not to accept cookies, you'll still be able to shop with us and access all your account information. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of the features of FirstForFilters, so we recommend that you keep them "on."
With whom is information shared?
We may release specific personal information for the following reasons:
- We will release your personal information to the proper persons when we believe, in good faith, that we are required to comply with a law or legal process, enforce our user agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of FirstForFilters or other persons or entities.
We do not rent or sell your name and e-mail address to other on-line marketers of products or services without your consent. You make the decisions on how you would like to hear from us and if you are interested in receiving valuable offers from other reputable marketers of products and services. You can change your preference at any time by going to your account page (you will need to do this for each account, if you have more than one account). In addition, all promotional email that you receive from FirstForFilters will always allow you to unsubscribe to future email promotions if you decide to do so at a later date.
- By using FirstForFilters and providing us with your personal information, you are accepting the privacy practices described in this policy statement.